Saturday, October 23, 2010

Bittersweet 21

I was awakened the next morning by the sound of someone's fist banging on the door. With my eyes barely open, I walked to the door and opened it.

"YALLAH BSR3A GET DRESSED!" Man9oor screamed in my face. He was wearing swimming trunks, a black Nike T-shirt, flip flops, and his
sunglasses pulled back his bangs from his face as they rested on his head. I'm guessing he was going to the beach. THE BEACH!

I slammed the door in Man9oor's face without a reply, and opened the curtains to wake 79a up.

"AAAAIIH!" She complained pulling the covers over her face.
"Yallah! Beach!" I reminded her, pulling the covers away. 79a quickly sat up at the sound of the word beach. We both raced to the bathroom and got
dressed.

I put on denim barmooda pants and a 5feef oversized white shirt with a red tank top underneath. Makeup was nothing but mascara and cherry Labello.
I slipped on my red flips flops and threw my hair in a high ponytail. I looked at 79a's reflection in the mirror, who was wearing yellow leggings, and a
lime green fitted top. Her hair was in a messy bun, and she wore two yellow and green studs on her ears.

Once we got outside, we spotted two makshoofat Jeep Wranglers. 79a and I peeked from the top of our aviators and raised our eyebrows in shock.

"Ana bawadee el banat." Mayed offered and hopped into one of the Jeeps. The problem is, sitting shag el 7alj on the passenger seat of that Jeep was
no other than…

Rashid.

With his feet on the dashboard and hands behind his head looking completely relaxed. I couldn’t help it. I smiled. Wide.

My parents and Man9oor got into the other Jeep, we got into ours, and took off. Driving in a roofless car is certainly one of the experiences I'll never forget.
My hair was flying everywhere, and 79a and I were falling all over each other singing "DYNAMITE". The guys just laughed at the sight of us. Mayed finally
started driving mthel el nass, which allowed me to gaze out the window.

Lost in my own world watching the people of Long Beach driving by, my eyes wandered over to the side mirror in front of me that reflected Rashid's face.
I couldn’t tell if he knew that I could see him from behind his dark sunglasses. I hope he doesn’t see me, because my facial expression was probably
extremely embarrassing. He wasn't smiling. He looked lost in a daydream or something. Sar7an. The Californian sun hit his tanned skin creating a
glowing aura around his entire body. I don’t know how long I've been staring at his reflection in the mirror, but soon enough it changed. His cheeked
glowed and his lips curved into a smile flashing his killer smile.

CHAFNY!

Embarrassed, I immediately turned my head away from the mirror, and faced 79a who was in another world taking pictures of herself. Typical 79a.

"Why are you laughing? '6a7kna wyak" Mayed glanced over at Rashid. My heart started beating at like 150 miles per hour!
"Chft shay y'6a7k." Was Rashid's only response. My face got redder. FASHLAA!

No comments:

Post a Comment