Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Bittersweet 13


Man9oor headed back to California. El bait stwa hdoo2.


Nevermind.


"HEY!" 79a randomly walks into my room, one Saturday afternoon. Hathee mta yat?
"Hey.." I replied without even looking up from my laptop. I wasn't doing anything though. I just 
stared at my desktop wallpaper, which wasn't anything interesting actually. Just a default picture 
of some clouds.


I had so much on my mind. I didn’t know weather I should tell 79a or not.
I've been thinking about Rashid since that awkward incident a few days ago at Medzo. I wasn’t 
sure of my own feelings. I felt things I didn’t want to admit I felt. Things I shouldn’t be feeling!
Snap out of it Noora! He's just one guy! They're all the same a9lan! I coincidently run into him 
and all of a sudden he likes me? Or I like him? Shu ha?!
I'm trying my best to forget about hal ensan. I won't let him take over my thoughts because of 
some random turn ups.

"Guess what?" 79a interrupted my thoughts with the biggest smile on her face. Before I had a 
chance to guess she blurted it out.
"Bnseer wyakm California during the eejaza!!" She shrieked jumping up and down.
"OH MY GOSH!!" I shrieked wyaha. After all the jumping and excitement staw3abt shay.
"BNseer? Plurl?" I asked.
"YES! Ana ow Mayed!"
Mayed? Beyee wyana? Why? 79a noticed my eyes widen.
"What? Your parents told us to come shu tet7arain, we just randomly decide to inrz wayhna on 
your vacation mathalan?" She explained. I became
excited again. The thought of me and 79a adventuring in Long Beach was AMAZING.

School the next day didn’t go as boringly as I expected.

"ENTY!" I heard out of the blue as I walked into the cafeteria for lunch. I looked up to find 
Salama standing a few meters away, pointing her perfectly
polished finger at me.


I raised both eyebrows at her. Bsmlah shu tba?


"Yeah pretend you're all innocent." She walked up to me in her bright yellow ballet flats and 
folded her arms.
"What do you want Salama?" I rolled my eyes at her. She just wants to cause drama. Ma3ndha 
salfa tra.
"My boyfriend!" She blurted out. All the girls in the cafeteria stopped what they were doing to 
watch the unnecessary scene she was causing.
"Well, ma3ndi eya." and I turned away when she stood in front of me again.
"Don't act stupid, Noora, it's so obvious you want him." She put her hands on her hips as if 
she's in a movie or something. Sa5eefa.
"I don’t even know the guy!"
"Sure you don’t. You'd do anything to get his attention. He's with ME! So back off!"
I was SO not in the mood for her sa5afa.
"Choofi enty! Mafi shay bainy ow bain Rashid! May59ni fee! So don't blame me if he doesn't 
give you the attention you're so desperate for!"
Half the girls gasped. The other half had their hands over their mouths.
"Ya36eeny attention! Wayed ba3ad! Enty shu 3arafch!" She said angrily.
"Say that next time he barely notices you when I'm there. I'm sure you're used to it by now." I 
ended it just like that, pushed her out of my way, and left
her standing there with her mouth open. The cafeteria was filled with whispers and gasps. 


Everyone was staring. I didn’t have time for this, so I walked out.


I excused myself to go to the bathroom during Third period before I fell asleep. The bathroom 
was empty, which is always good because you can
ta5theen ra7atch.
I was about to turn on the faucet when I heard someone sniff. I looked around but no one was in 
here but me. I heard it again.
Okay I know how childish this 7araka is but shu asawi, I was curious. I looked under the doors' 
of the toilet stalls. First few were empty, but when I
looked under the very last stall I found my answer. Bright yellow ballet flats.
I immediately stood up. Should I say anything or leave?
*SNIFFS*
What is she doing in there?!

"Salama?" I quietly waited for an answer, but tamat sakta.
"Are you okay?" I asked again.
She quickly unlocked the door and I stood back, not knowing what to expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment