Monday, October 11, 2010

Bittersweet 10

I don't know if I should be excited for Sunday, or dreading it. I wasn’t comfortable with Mayed 
picking me up from school with all the girls watching.
I know that they'll get the wrong idea and immediately judge me.
But 79a loved the fact that all those girls will be watching as I get into her sexy brother's car 
and we drive off together.


"They're going to be SO jealous. You HAVE to tell me their reactions!" She screamed into the 
phone.
I laughed and promised to tell her.

"Nooro!" My brother's voice from upstairs interrupted my phone call.
"WHAT?" I yelled loud enough for him to hear me from upstairs.
"I'LL TAKE YOU TO SCHOOL TOMORROW OKAY?" He yelled back
"WHY?"
"3SHAN IM GOING OUT WYA MY FRIENDS FOR BREAKFAST, I'LL DROP U OFF AT 
SCHOOL ON MY WAY!"
"YEAH YEAH OKAY!"
"STOP YELLING!" A third voice has been added to our lovely conversation: My mother's.
"ASFA!" I Yelled back, then giggled.
"Bsmlah what's going on over there? What's with all the screaming?" I forgot that 79a was still 
on the phone.
"Oh sorry, Man9oor was just telling me that he's going to drop me off at school tomorrow."
"Is he deaf?!" She joked.

I finally had to hang up because it was getting late and we had school.

THE NEXT DAY

"NAWARI!" Man9oor yelled. Unlike my nanny's voice, his voice made my completely jump out 
of bed with my eyes wide open.
"Shu mshkltk, you scared the crap out of me!" I said rubbing my eyes, when I noticed he was 
already dressed. He must be jetlagged since he came back from California a few days ago 
wya his friends. I quickly got dressed and we took off. We didn't talk much in the car, because 
first of all I was extremely tired, and second, he was on the phone most of the time.


"Halla…nothing bs banazl my sis el mdrsa ow bayeekm….che 10 minutes…..Yallah ma3a 
elsalama Rashid." And he hung up.
Wait… did he just say Rashid? He was going to go have breakfast with Rashid? I haven’t 
seen or heard from him in SOO long. Does he know that I'm engaged? Did Man9oor tell him? 
Wait, why do I care? May59a! My engagement!

Throughout the day I was getting more and more nervous. When the end of the day finally came,
I quickly rushed outside to find that…

No comments:

Post a Comment