Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bittersweet 19

It was obvious by the way he stupidly smiled, that he had spotted us. Probably waaaay before I knew he was sitting there. How could I not notice him?!
His table was SO close to ours. My face turned completely red, and I kept nervously tapping my foot. 79a wanted to laugh at me so bad. I bet Rashid did
too. He just sat there sipping his lemonade in his white Polo shirt looking pleased with himself. Does he have to show up everywhere?!
As if it wasn’t bad enough, 79a had to make it worse!

"Hii!" I suddenly heard 79a's high pitched voice. Oh no no no…
"Hey." I heard Rashid's sharp manly voice say back. I gave 79a several looks, including a kick under the table but she ignored me.
"What are you doing here?" 79a smiled innocently at him. I covered my face with my hands.
"Having dinner, what else?" He replied.

Stalking us! I thought.

"Mayed's sister 9a7?" He asked. Oh so now he's trying to make a conversation…
"Yup!"
"Yeah tshbheena."
79a smiled kindly.
"Noora ba3ad wayed tshbah Man9oor." He added. Lazm yda5lni fil salfa?

I peeked from in between my fingers. I could see Rashid giggle.

"Laish msta7ya?" He asked with a giggle in his voice.

What was I supposed to say to that? I pulled my hands away from my face.
"I'm not."
"Yes you are."
"No I'm not!"
"Yes you are!"

Yal yahel! I tried not to laugh but I can't help but chuckle.

"We're taking you to the beach tomorrow 3a fkra." He said, dragging his chair closer to our table.
"Whose we?" I asked him.
"Man9oor and I… Mnu ya3ni? We're going to take you guys to see Long Beach."
I LOVE the beach! Rashid noticed my face lit up.
"Ra3yat ba7ar ha?" He said. We laughed.

We kept talking until they brought our food. I was starving I hadn’t eaten anything since we were on the plane. 3ala 6ool I dug in my spaghetti.
79a took her time eating her salad.
I got so caught up in my spaghetti I forgot I was eating like a cow in public! I quickly glanced over at Rashid to see if he was watching. He was. Oh crap.

He pointed at his nose, which this time, I immediately understood and wiped the spaghetti sauce of my nose with a napkin. Like old times!

"Enjoying yourself?" Rashid asked when he noticed my cheeks glowing red.
"Yeah, hehe sorry I tend to get too caught up in my food." I said in humiliation.
"3adi, that's the first thing 7baita about you." He replied… WAIT WHAT?

I widened my eyes at him. I could see he regretted what he had said by the way his face turned red, and he couldn’t look at me. He just looked down at
his plate, and fiddled with his fork.7araaam est7aa! I wanted to laugh wallah he looked to embarrassed. Did he just admit that he likes me?

I looked over at 79a whose face screamed OH MY GOSH but she stayed quiet. I continued my meal in silence with a stupid smile on my face. Rashid
paid his check and got up to leave before we did. When the restaurant was Rashid-free, 79a let out a huge;
"OOOH MYYY GOSH!!!"

1 comment: