Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bittersweet 18

The car drive wasn’t that interesting. 79a and I thought it would be cooler to ride in the car that was carrying our luggage instead of riding with our family.
But whatever it wasn't that exciting.

After blasting our favorite songs from my iPod speakers and singing along at the top of our lungs, 79a finally asked;

"So what did Rashid say?"
My eyes widened, and my heart skipped a beat at the sound of his name.

"Nothing…"
"CHATHABA! You weren't smiling like a monkey for nothing, Noora! A3rfch, something happened. Now spill!"
I sighed at 79a's craving for information. Then I decided to tell her, with details.

"OH MY GOSH!" She shrieked. "And I had to ASK to find out! Or you wouldn’t have told me yal 5aysa!"
"Laa! I was just…Embarrassed!"
"Yeah right, you're looking really embarrassed smiling a mile wide for the past 10 minutes." She said sarcastically.

I just chuckled at 79a's sarcastic remarks.
To be honest I thought 79a would be a bit annoyed or confused since well, I'm engaged to her brother! But it didn’t seem to bother her at all. Thank god.

We finally arrived at the hotel, and my family piled out of Man9oor's car, and we jumped out of ours.
So my dad checked us in.
And gave us our keys.
And took us upstairs.
And delivered our bags.
And we finally sat down and took a breath. Well for me it was pretty much a lay down. I plopped on my bed, and kicked off my shoes. I looked around the
room that 79a were I sharing by ourselves. We had a balcony, bathroom, and a little kitchen. Without realizing it, I dozed off to sleep.

A couple hours later I woke to the sound of Jessica Biel's voice on TV.
"Finally!" 79a jumped up and switched off the TV.
"Yallah!" She clapped her hands to get me to get up. "We're going out."
3kaifha?
"Shu?" I squinted my eyes.
"I told your mom that you and I were going out for dinner, so yallah!" She pulled the blanket away from the bed, when I realized what I'm wearing.
My grey Juicy Couture tracksuit that was now a complete mess since I slept in it. 79a raised her eyebrows and ordered me to change before we left.
With only 7 minutes given to me by 79a, I pulled out a pair of skinny jeans, black stilettos, and an off-white ruffled top. I retraced what was left of my liquid
eyeliner on my eyelid, quickly dabbed on some blush, and applied pick lipstick.
"For seven minutes of getting ready, you look really good!" 79a said as she scanned me from head to toe.
She didn’t look bad herself, in her white skinny jeans, navy Armani shirt with matching navy peep-toe heels.
Each grabbing our bags, we rushed out to the elevator.

It's a good thing we stayed in a very busy neighborhood, that way we can never get bored. There were a couple of good Italian restaurants down the
block, and I LOVE Italian.
So we walked down the block, looking great, and having a good time.
We chose to sit in an outside table so we can watch ely sayr ow ely yaay.
3gb ma we sat down and ordered, I looked over 79a's shoulder and immediately widened my eyes.

"Can we leave? Please?" I tapped my foot impatiently.
"What?! No! Why?!"
"PLEEEEEAAAAASE!!! I just don’t want to be here right now!"
"But you LOVE Italian!"
"There are more Italian restaurants on this block!"

79a still refused to get up. Ya allaah!

"Noora, you're so weird!" She rolled her eyes. I was glad she rolled them, because if she hadn't, she wouldn't have spotted Rashid sitting by himself at
the table next to ours!
"Ooooooooooh." 79a finally realized and smiled a stupid smile. "We're not leaving 7abeebty. This could get interesting."

No comments:

Post a Comment