Friday, December 31, 2010

Bittersweet 46

Sitting a couple of tables away were Rashid and 7amdan. And he was staring straight at us.

"Anyway Shammani… nice seeing you again! See you soon! Call me!" 79a said, going back to
our table.

I couldn’t see them since their table was facing my back, but 79a got a perfect view.

"Tra 3a fkra he's still looking our way." 79a whispered.
"Achoof?"
"La2! Don't turn around!" She muttered under her breath.
"Why not?"
"Because they're getting up!"
"Chathaba!"
"Wallah. Shut up they're coming this way!"

I kept my head down, and in a few seconds, I saw a pair of dark jeans appear before us.

"Halla bl zaain." He said. From the sound of his voice I could tell he was smiling, but I refused to
look up. 79a however answered him;
"Ahlain." She said coldly pretending to look at the drink's menu.
"Sh7alkm?" He asked.
"B5air." 79a answered him.
"Enshallah doom."

Silence

"So Noora," Rashid began. "Where's Man9oor?"
"Tstahbal?" 7amdan suddenly spoke. "Man9oor told us 10 minutes ago that he has a date."

I was still looking down so I could see Rashid kicking 7amdan's leg to tell him to shut up. I tried to
hold my laugh.

"Laish t'67keen?" He asked.

I finally looked up at his face. His gorgeous, perfectly geometric constructed face. He was smiling.
That killer smile that brought back memories. Oh how much I missed the warmth of that smile.

Out of no where, he grabbed a chair from a random table and sat down.

Just like that!
OH MY GOSH!

"Enta aaih! Shu tsawi?" 7amdan stood next to him.
"What does it look like I'm doing? Sitting down with a couple of friends." He answered him casually.

OMG kaif jareeeeeeee2. No way! Not in a place as public as Dubai Mall! 79a on the other hand
was going to burst out laughing any second. She enjoyed the freak show he was putting on. Mb
3kaifa!

"Um, if you didn’t get the memo, we're not friends." I eyed him.
"Nawari 3aib." She whispered. She wanted this to keep going. To her it was entertainment.

I got up to leave before we get seen by anyone and it turns into a huge issue.

"You coming 79a?" I gave her a straight look.

79a finally got the hint and got up.

"Afaa." I heard 7amdan say as we walked out of Vintage. "Ya5i awal mara achoof bnt mb mayta feek!"

Little did he know…


After an awkward lunch, 79a dropped me off at home. I threw myself on the big brown sofa and
flipped through the TV. A couple of minutes later, the door swung open and slammed shut. It made
such a loud noise to the point where it seemed like the walls were going to fall. I stood up to see
what was going on when I saw that it was Man9oor who had just come home from his date.

"Ufff!" He yelled, sitting next to me on the sofa.
"Didn’t go so well?" I asked.
"Not only was she talking to other guys, every time a guy walked into the restaurant she'd give him
a look." He blurted. "8aleelat adab wallah ma tam 7ad fi Dubai ma kalmata!"

At first I wanted to laugh because seriously, it was pretty funny seeing my big brother like this. But I
pretended to be the "supportive" younger sister.

"It's okay Man9oor. There's plenty of fish in the sea." I 5araft.

Bzz Bzzz – Man9oor's phone vibrated.

"Uff." He said looking at the screen. Obviously it was "her" who was calling. He tossed the phone
on the couch and went upstairs to change.

Being the nosy sister that I am, I picked up the phone and read the name flashing on the screen:

Incoming Call
Salama

Could it be? Naah There are a million Salamas in the world. But then, how many of them are
8aleelat adab and know every guy in Dubai? Hmmm… I couldn’t help but assume.

No comments:

Post a Comment