Saturday, January 1, 2011

Bittersweet 47

Man9oor came back down knocking over everything that got in his way. Wow he was seriously pissed.

"Man9oor 7abeeby shfeek?" My mother rushed into the living room after him.
"Mashay." He said coldly and sat down.

My mom looked at me for an answer.

"Mt'6ayg shway." I mouthed.
"I need to get out." He said. "A7taj aseer mkan b3eeed."
"In that case shu raykm nseer el beach house in Ras Al 5aima?" My mom suggested.

Actually that wasn’t a bad idea. In Ras Al 5aima we have 2 beach houses 3ala ar'6 w7da. One for
the girls and one for the guys since it's usually the younger generation who mostly like to go there.
We all agreed to go but Man9oor insisted he bring the guys with him and I suggested I bring 79a.

I got so excited I ran up the stairs to start packing right away.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring. (the house phone ringing)

"Alo?" I answered.
"Halla Nawari." The voice said.
"Amoon!" I screamed into the phone.

PAUSE!

Amna is my beloved 24 year old cousin who has been married for a year so far. She acts like the
sophisticated adult in front of the adults but is a crazy maniac with the rest of us. I love her to death
and I miss her even more. Since she got married we haven’t seen her as much as we used to.

PLAY!

"Haha sh7aalch? Sh7al 5alty ow Man9oor?" She giggled.
"7mdlah klna b5air enty sh7alch? How's S3eed?" I asked
"7mdlah b5air bss S3eed msaafr on a business trip to London, and I'm BORED!" She complained.
"Yeah we've always been here but you just notice when S3eed's gone ha?" I teased her.
"Hahaha la wallah! Bss seriously I really am BORED!"
"Fine, make it up to us. Come with us to Ras Al 5aima tomorrow." I suggested.
"Ras Al 5aima? Who's going?"
"Ana ow mama, 79oo, Man9oor ow his friends."
"Well in that case I'm coming! Yallah tomorrow morning akoon 3ndkm!"
"Cant wait!"
"Me neither! Yallah 7abeebty take care, bye!"
"Bye."

I ran back downstairs to tell mama Amoon was coming with us. Of course she was thrilled because
she adores Amoon (the sophisticated adult). 79a's parents of course let her come with us. She and I
stayed up all night on the phone planning out our week from tanning to swimming to dancing. We
stayed up till athan el fayer and then finally dozed off.

"NAWARIIIIIII!" A high pitched scream awakened me.

 A bright light was blinding me. But eyes were blurred. I couldn’t see anything but random figures.
When my vision cleared out, I saw a bright face smiling widely at me. It was Amoon el habla. She
was sitting on top of me, still in her 3abaya with her shoulder length brown hair tied up in a messy
ponytail on the top of her head.

"AMOOON! Mb wagtch!" I pulled the covers over my head.
"Nawari yallah goomi! Bnseer!" She bounced on my bed.
"I didn’t sleep!"
"That’s your problem! Yallah 79o's going to be here any minute!" She said pulling the comforter
away from me.

When I refused to get up, she decided to take it to the next level. She grabbed my arm tightly, and
pulled me out of my bed causing a loud THUMP once my head hit the floor.

"Yal 7MARA!" I yelled, but it was no use. She dragged me across the floor all the way to the bathroom.
I reached for the blanket to try to stop her but all I did was drag it all the way with me.

"You better get used to it. You're going to be waking up to this every day for the next week!" She
laughed.

I finally surrendered and got up. I gave her an evil glare before walking into the bathroom. And her
being the lovely cousin she is, if I took more than 5 minutes in there she would turn off the lights and
leave the room. When I finally washed up and got dressed, 79a had already arrived.

"9a7 el noooom!" 79a greeted me.
"You're finally awake! Min el 9b7 we're waiting for you!" My mom complained. "Mashallah 3laiha
Amna came over min 9ba7 allah 5air because she knows ena 3ndna r7la lyom!"

I just nodded and drank my tea while everybody was putting our bags in the car. As soon as I was
done with breakfast, we all grabbed our sunglasses and iPod's and headed to our car. We got in
with the driver, and Man9oor drove the guys.

The car ride wasn’t that bad. We had good music and snacks to entertain us on the way to Ras
Al 5aima. As soon as we got there, we piled off and sat by the beach while the nannies unpacked.
Today we're just going to "chill". Tomorrow we start having fun. 79a, Amoon and I sat on the cold sand
facing the ocean as the waves crashed against the shore. We took off our sunglasses to enjoy the
warmth of the sun in contrast to the cool breeze. The guys however were kicking a soccer ball back
and fourth a short distance away from us.

I could already tell this week is going to unforgettable!

1 comment:

  1. Yalla 3ad wen are you gonna post??....Im really into this blog, so try your best to post everyday....
    Thnnx for posting every once in a while, but dont forget that were w8ing here :)

    ReplyDelete