Monday, January 3, 2011

Bittersweet 49

Yes, I was awakened the next day by Amoon, matga9er. Yes, I got dragged across the floor to the
bathroom and yes she did turn off the lights when I took too long. Good thing I've gotten used to it.
By the time I came out of the bathroom, 79a and Amoon were already in their bikinis.

"Have you seen my towel?" 79o asked, tossing anything that got in her way in the air.
"Who cares about your towel! We need music! Where's the iPod?" Amoon franticly searched the room.
"Enty! Get dressed!" 79a said, tossing me my bikini. "Go!" and pushing me back into the bathroom.

I changed 3al saree3 into my neon yellow bikini and threw a short purple chiffon wrap dress over it.

"LAST ONE OUTSIDE IS A ROTTEN EGG!" Amoon said, rushing down the stairs.
"WAAAIT!" 79oo screamed, running after her.
"Wallah a'3beya!" I laughed, racing down after them.

Surprisingly, I was the last one down but the first one out the door. I swung it open with all my might,
as the sunlight reflected my newly tanned skin. As soon as stepped (well more like jumped) outside,
I froze in my place to the astonishment of the appearance of Rashid on the middle of the shore!

"AAAH!" I screamed.

WHAT WAS HE DOING THERE?

He was pushing our daraja across the sand to get to the boys' beach house. YA3NI MA LGA ELA
NOW TO DO THAT? He immediately lowered his head and looked away, pushing the daraja even
harder and faster until he was finally out of sight. I however stood there completely flushed of any
warm blood in my body. Amoon and 79a raced towards me.

"OH MY GOSH NAWARI!" 79a shrieked, unsure whether she should laugh or tet7ar6am. That wasn’t
a problem for Amoon though. She was already on the sand rolling like an idiot.

"YOU SLUT!" She managed to say between breaths. "YOU WERE LIKE *GASP* AND HE WAS
LIKE *SHIT* HAHAHAHA!"
"Mskeena choofi she's not moving!" 79a giggled.
"Nooroo breathe!" Amoon said when she finally stood up.

SHO BREATHE?! Ento staw3abto what just happened? I WAS COMPLETELY EXPOSED TO A
TOTAL STRANGER! And she wants me to BREATHE?

"7abeebty it's okay he didn’t see anything." 79a said, holding in her laugh.
"Haih 9a7 3ala 6ool nasal rasa, ma chaf shay." Amoon added.

Haih 9a7 ma chaf shay right? I saw him but he didn’t see me, right? Ow it was just an accident ya3ni
it wasn’t like he knew we would be swimming NOW 9a7? 6af 6af…

"Do not ever repeat this incident, mafhoom?" I said seriously.
"Mafhoom!" They both repeated. "YALLAH before the water gets cold."

We all raced out into the ocean, soaking ourselves with the salty water, diving from the deck, and
dancing to the music that blared from the iPod speakers. We swam far into the ocean, until our toes
couldn’t reach the bottom anymore. The water started getting cold, and we were getting really wrinkly
from being in the water too long. So we sat on the deck and enjoyed some fruit cocktails and sliced
up green apples to complete the "tropical" essence. We were lying down on our backs, gazing at the
clouds, enjoying ourselves until Amoon decided to speak:

"You should've seen the look on your face!" She giggled.

As soon as I heard that sentence, without anything holding me back, I kicked her off the deck, into
the ocean. Literally KICKED her with my foot. She rolled off the deck and fell over creating a loud
SPLASH as she fell into the water.

"Oh my gosh!" 79a gasped, standing up.

I just lay back down and smiled to myself. A few seconds later, Amoon made her way back to the
shore, and climbed back up on the deck. She angrily marched towards me, dripping wet.  

"Yal 7mara!" She yelled, and grabbed my legs and literally SWUNG me into the ocean.

We continued this for hours, pushing each other off of the deck, as if it was the best thing in the world.

We're so lame xD

No comments:

Post a Comment