Sunday, January 9, 2011

Bittersweet 51

He stood so close, I was afraid he could hear my heart beating. It was beating so fast, so loud,
that it felt like it was going to burst out of my chest any second. I kept my eyes towards the floor.
I was too embarrassed, and too scared to look up at him. I was scared to see what was behind
that gorgeous face of his. Part of me wanted to know so badly, but another part of my just couldn’t.

"6al3eny." He said so softly, almost a whisper.

I was frozen in my seat. He knows I'm scared. He knows I couldn’t look at him. I slowly shifted
my eyes from the floor, to his face that was only inches away looking down at me. I looked up
into his eyes. Honey colored. I slowly let out long breaths. I was getting dizzy….




















He suddenly let out a chuckle,

flashing his set of pearly whites. That same smile that my heart couldn’t bear for me to look at.
He lifted up a finger, and placed it on my cheek. A second later, he picked it up. On it, was a tiny
hair. An eyelash. My eyelash.

"Make a wish." He smiled, holding my eyelash in front of me.

I looked at him questionably. Was that it? My eyelash had fallen onto my cheek?

"Yallah." He grinned. "Make a wish."

I smiled back. How could I not? Dama wayed barid. I couldn’t resist. I closed my eyes and
thought really hard. I thought I'd make this one count. I twitched my eyebrows before I finally
came to a decision.

"It's just a wish, Noora." He let out a manly laugh. 7aywan! Laish y'67ak 3aleya?
"5ala9 maba!" I looked away. Awani atdala3 xD
"5ala9 ana asif." He smiled with sympathy.

He held up the eyelash again for me to wish on it. I smiled at him, and closed my eyes. Just as
I was about to open my mouth to blow, I was startled when I heard:

"Sma3t shay ynksr!" 79a's high pitched voice suddenly broke the silent tension. "Awaih!" she
gasped.

My blood froze, and Rashid took a few steps back because he was standing too close, and kept
his eyes towards the floor.

"Wanagoool! Ma estwa 3a9eer hatha!" She said with a slight giggle in her voice and her hands on her
hips. I wasn’t sure whether to laugh or get pissed at 79a!

"Hey Rashid." She said, opening the fridge to grab a few juice boxes.
"Uhh.. hey." Rashid said, confused.
"Yallah Nawari, Amoon tetrayana foog." She said, winking devilishly at me. 7mara 79oo!

Once she left, I slapped my forehead in embarrassment and burst out laughing.

"Hay wallah nkta." Rashid chuckled.
"Adreebha!" I giggled.

"HAHA!" We heard a high pitched echo from up the stairs. 7aywana tsma3na ba3ad!

"I guess I better go." I managed to say between giggles.
"Hhh 5ala9 enzain, have fun." He said, lifting me off the barstool with his thick muscular arms
around my waist and placing my bare feet on the cold marble floor.
"See you soon." He said, before he walked out.
"See you." I replied.

I walked aimlessly up the stairs, almost out of breath. When I reached the roof, I sat back down
on my spot as if nothing happened. 79a and Amoon however each gave me weird looks.

"Shoo?!" I finally spoke, but they didn’t answer. They just kept staring.

"WHAT?!" I yelled.
"7mara! Mb hayna!" Amoon replied.
"Shu sawaaait!" I whined.
"Shut up! Mb bess enty 3ndch hot guy n7na ba3ad nba!" 79a giggled.

I blushed.

"7aywana she blushes ba3ad!" Amoon commented. "Aiiih, bgoolch shay."
"What?" I turned towards her.
"I already did it, enzain!" She raised her eyebrows, wath8a with herself.

79a and I fell over laughing till we couldn’t breathe. Habla Amoon!

"Kids." Amoon sighed.

No comments:

Post a Comment