Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bittersweet 48

"Banat! Yallah 3sha!" My mom called from the deck.

The girls and I walked back to the house to find the table on the deck filled with all sorts of our
favorite foods; Spaghetti, club sandwiches, warag 3nab, fried chicken, and fries. We literally dug
our faces into the food.

"Samoo bsmlah ya banat! Shway shway maby6eer el akl." My mom giggled at us.

As soon as we were done we decided to take a long walk on the beach. We each grabbed a
sandwich and took off.

"So tell me." Amoon began. "Which one is he?"
"Beg your pardon?" I asked.
"Don't act stupid I know there's something between you and one of Man9oor's friends!" She
laughed.
"Laaaaaaa2." I rolled my eyes.
"Chathaba! I see the way you look at them when they were playing. So tell me. Is it the bu kisha
guy who always gets smacked in the head, or the tall 5agag guy with the broad shoulders?"
"What do you think?" 79a smirked.
"79a!" I elbowed her.
"Tall 5agag guy it is! I don’t blame you! That's a piece of work you got there." She said glancing
over her shoulder to get a good look at him.
"Careful," 79a said. "Nawari could rip your head off." She laughed.
"Shut up 79oo." I tried to hold in my laugh.
"Seero laaa. He's yahel! Besides, I have S3eed!" Amoon said fluttering her eyelashes.

We walked around the house a few times before finally deciding to go inside. My mom was on
the phone with my dad, so we decided to hang up the hammocks. Sleeping in beds is so mal
awal! Hammocks are more fun!

"Awaih." My mom said into the phone. "Enshallah ma stwabha shay? ........ 7mdlaah allah salamha
…….. how bad is it? …….. tsk tsk tsk ……… la la lazm aye …… haih Amna hni wyahm…… yallah
bagoolhm ow bayee ." And she hung up.

"Banat." She came over to us. "5alatkm Sara 6ay7a ow mnawmeenha fil mstashfa. Her back is
pretty hurt ow lazm aseer achoofha as soon as possible." She said worriedly.
"Okay bnii ma3ach 5alty!" Amoon insisted, being caring and all…
"La la ma3alaih braykm hnii mstanseen ento. Maba a5arb 3laikm your eejaza."
"Mt2akda 5alty?" Amoon said.
"Haih haih mt2akda. Yallah ana a7een rada Dubai wya el driver. Amna 76ii balch 3ala gom Noora.
Make sure they don’t get into any trouble. Enty el adult." Mama said grabbing her purse.
"Don’t worry 5alty. Nawari ow 79oo 3ala 3ainy ow rasi. Ow salmi 3ala 5alty Sara." She kissed my
mother goodbye and she left.

As soon as she walked our the door, Amoon said;

"Do you know what this means?" She looked at us, while we grinned widely.
"PAAARTAAY!" She jumped up, untying her ponytail waving her kisha as I plugged my iPod into
the speakers and blasted "I WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FOURTH".

Hazaina el bait kla. We sang so loud trying to top the sound of the speakers. Min zeen our voices,
ely ysma3 ygool a group of 3anz. I'm surprised the dining table was still standing since we've been
walking on it for hours pretending to be Rihanna. We were having such a blast, I didn’t notice my
phone ringing a zillion times.

"TURN OFF THE MUSIC!" I yelled.
"WHAT?" Amoon yelled back.
"I SAID TURN IT OFF!"
"TURN IT UP?" She said, going for the speakers.
"LAA LAA! OFF!" I said, pulling the wire off from the iPod.
"Party pooper!" 79a remarked.
"Man9oor called 6 times!" I waved the phone in her face.
"Oooooooooooooh." They both said.

I called Man9oor back.

"Ha Man9oor." I said as soon as he answered. 79a and Amoon leaned in on either side of me
to listen.
"Nawari shu hal 7ashra?!" He snapped.
"Ummm… Msha'3leen speakers." I stuttered.
"3anaboo hazaito el dnya! Yallah either ga9roo 3laih or bandoo!" He said.
"Okay sorry." And I hung up.

So that night we stayed up late in the upstairs bedroom lit by the TV light on American Idol and
eating leftovers. We all sat on the floor facing each other with a lamp in the middle awana fire.

"Amoon…" 79a began, "how's married life?"
"Sexy." Amoon answered instantly, popping skittles into her mouth.
"I mean I have to admit I miss being around my family and all," she continued, "but 9ara7a fakaa."
"Really?" I gave her a look.
"Ok I really did miss you, but dude I spent the past 23 years with my family! I deserve a break." She
pointed out.
"What about kids?" 79a asked.
"What about them?" Amoon said popping more skittles.
"Are you thinking of having babies?" 79a restated her question.

Amoon suddenly froze and coughed uncontrollably, as a result of choking on her skittles.

"Bsmlah Amoon shfeech?!" I panicked.
"I *cough* just choked! *Chough* DUH!" She said between coughs.
"Oh I'm sorry!" 79a said.
"Don't scare me like that!" Amoon ordered. "Shu kids! I'm still young and sexy and I intend to
remain like that, thank you very much!"

We got into our hammocks that were bombarded with a million pillows and swung ourselves to
sleep. Tomorrow we were going swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment