Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Bittersweet 38

79a took me to school the next day.

"Wallah baraweeha that bitch!" 79a angrily said, as she pulled into the school driveway.
"5alaaa9 79aaa forget it!" I tried to shut her up. She's been going on about el salfa since yesterday!
"Tzg fi hafha! I'm not going to let her get away with it that easy!"
"Ufffff…"
"Wallah btchoof. I'm picking you up after school. Yallah ngal3ay bye." 79a said.

I giggled at her sa5afa. Wallah maynoona enzain shu m3awrench? I got out of the car and continued
the school day as if I didn’t know anything. It was a normal, typical day at our school.

At the end of the day, Maitha and I casually walked bara3. And that’s when I spotted 79a's car parked
fi awal spot jdam el bab, and she's sitting da5l with the most mischievous look on her face. Oh great.
Btsawi shay '3abi a7een.

79a got out of the car with a fake smile plastered across her face.

"Hey Maitha." She said coldly as she stood right in front of Maitha.
"Hii 79oo!!" Maitha screamed excitedly.
"How pathetic." 79a muttered under her breath.
"What?" Maitha asked.

Oh boy… I was starting to feel uncomfortable…

"Lat5aleen 3mrch mat3rfeen." 79a raised her eyebrows at her.
"79a shu feech? What are you talking about?" Maitha asked confused.
"Don't act stupid, Maitha. You're only embarrassing yourself." 79o barked back at her.
"Yallah 79oo lets go." I started to walk away bss 79a just stood there.
"Trayay." She began. "I'm not leaving until hal bitch knows who she's dealing with!"
"What did you just call me?" Maitha started to raise her voice, and wayed banat started crowding
around us.
"You heard me."
"7tarmay 7doodch 79oo."
"La wallah? I think you went WAY past your 7dood when you started hooking up with my BROTHER!"
79a angrily put her hands on her hips.

Maitha just stood there with her eyes as wide as they can go.

"Haa? A7een staw3abty?" 79a snapped.
"Don't assume what you don’t know." Maitha said.
"Laa 7abeebty I know perfectly well enty shu tsaween. Chftch with my own eyes!"
"Ow enty shu y59ch?!"
"Shu y59ni? Shu y59ni ANA? 7abeebty I don’t think you heard me, he's my BROTHER!"
"Ow ba3dain? Ow shu ya3ni?"
"I'm disgusted by you, t3rfeen? You go off with a guy who is not only my brother, but the FIANCE of
your FRIEND!" 79a announced, pointing at me.

There was a looooooong pause.
People started gasping loudly.
But nothing can compare to the expression on Maitha's face. Her skin suddenly turned pale. Her
eyebrows were raised and her eyes were wide. A loud gasp escaped her dropped open mouth.

"Bet you didn’t know that about your so-called boyfriend, did you?" 79a muttered softly.

No comments:

Post a Comment