Monday, November 29, 2010

Bittersweet 36

NOORA:

It was Sunday, the worst day of the week because it’s the first day back from the weekend.
79a was going to pick Maitha and I up from school and go straight to my house for lunch.

"Noora Noora!" I heard Maitha calling me from across the hallway of our school.
"Haa haa." I replied. "Balach?"
"Tra I can't come over lyom. I'm sorry wallah bss my mom tbani after school." She had the
saddest look on her face.
"Ooh.. Are you sure you can't get out of it?"
"Trust me, I tried." She said worriedly.
"Okay 5ala9 3adii next time enshallah." I smiled.
"Enshallah." Her frown faded into a smile, and she walked away.

I made my way outside after school looking for 79a's car. When I found it, I waved goodbye
to Maitha, who was still standing at the gate, and got into the car.

"Wain Maitha?" 79a asked.
"Oh she can't come today. She said her mom tbaha or something like that." I said fastening
my seat belt.
"Oh 7aram."

It was very za7ma that day at school. 79a tried driving through the crowd of cars in the parking
lot but it was impossible.

"Uff isn't there another way to get out of here?!" 79a complained. She's so impatient.
"Yeah, 9oob el buses, but I don’t think anybody can go there." I explained.
"Oh whatever lets just get out of here." She turned the direction of her car towards the buses,
which already raw7ow since we spent forever in the school parking.

"Its so empty! Why didn’t you mention this before?" 79a said amazed.
"Shdarani. Well, not almost empty. Fii 7ad mwagf sayarta hnaak." I pointed to a white Lamborghini
parked straight ahead.
"Ystwii they pick up people from this door?" 79a asked.
"Only the bus people, bess the buses left."
"3yal laish that girl is leaving from that door?" 79a pointed to a girl that walked out of the school and
got into the white Lamborghini.
"Who is that?" 79a asked, slowly driving closer to get a better look.

Until she and I gasped at the same time:

"MAITHA!"

"Waaih.. Wya mnu rakba?" I asked curiously.
"OMG!" 79a shrieked when the car turned around.
"SHU?!" I asked eagerly.
"OMG! Noo noo nooooo!" She continued
"WHAT?! TELL ME!" I demanded.
"Noora." 79a began…

"That’s Mayed's car."

No comments:

Post a Comment