Thursday, November 4, 2010

Bittersweet 29


RASHID'S POINT OF VIEW :

Shuuuuu hal 7aalaaaa!!! Asmeeeny mtwaaahg!

She left…

Just like that!

Shu nawya tsawee feeny hal bnt? First she's my best friend's sister, then she gets engaged to
some DUDE, then she comes all the way to California, and then LEAVES without a word!

Ufffff

I didn’t bother going out with the guys after classes today. I wanted to be alone for a while.
I headed back to my apartment, and sat in front of my laptop aimlessly. I finally opened my
Facebook page, and found a million Inbox messages from Salama.

Ohoo nsait 3anha hay ba3ad. I marked all of them as read, instead of bothering to read them.
I wasn’t in the mood at all for her complaining about my "lack of commitment."

Comparing Salama with Noora is like comparing a rock to a diamond! Not only is she Majorly
gorgeous, but there's just something about her, a vibe, or an aura, that she gives off. I don't know
how to explain it but she just leaves me breathless.

I know its kind of … WRONG to feel that way towards an engaged woman, but … Ya5ii I can’t help
it! May59nii! I'm going to go after her, even if it’s the last thing I ever do. I'll do whatever it takes to
get her away from hal sbal!

That day at my apartment I just sat around doing pretty much Nothing! Shu tbooni asawii ya3ni
here in California?
Adrs mathalan?
When I first came here, ma9adagt ena I left Dubai. Now I'm looking for any excuse to go back.
And ABADAN mafeeny 9abr! If I could leave today I would.

KNOCK KNOCK

The loud knocking startled me. When I opened the door to find that it was 7amdan, I let out a huge :

"Uffff."
"Gee thanks, how welcoming." 7amdan sarcastically said.

I wasn't in the mood for 7amdan's sa5afa. Okay sometimes his humor makes great entertainment,
but right now it would be annoying.

"Yal daloo3, laish you're not coming with us for lunch?" He helped himself to a can of coke,
slamming the fridge door close with his foot.
"Bess! Mazaj." I gave him a look. If it were anyone else, they'd understand that I wasn't in the
mood, but not good old 7amdan.
"Laa laa laa ibooya lazm you come. We're going to try weird Chinese stuff." He added, spilling
some of the coke on my white leather couch. Ohoooo
"I don't like Chinese."
"Me neither, bess shu nsawi."

I stayed quiet, facing the window, trying to avoid starting another conversation.

"Sooo…" He began again.. Yeeeeeh.. "Seriously dude, shu mshkltk?"
"Mafeeeeny shay ufff!"
"Chathab! Laykoon its about that girl?" He put down his can, and smirked.
"What girl?" I pretended I didn’t know what he's talking about.
"Hayeech…You know…What's her name…" Snapping his fingers trying to remember; "Man9oor's
sis!"

Waaaaaiih… Hatha shu 3arafaaa..

"Don't act stupid Rashid, it's so obvious. Chanek a 4th grader who has a crush on the girl in his
class." 7amdan laughed, spilling more coke.
"Agoolk…" I said getting up, "Get out."
"Hahaha Rashid chill, asoolf wyak."
"Mb mtfayg 7ag swalfk el sa5eefa."
"Afaaa.. Rashood. Lets just put this behind us." He said fluttering his eyelashes, looking
completely ridiculous.
"GOOM!" I pulled him from the collar of his shirt, as he spilled what's left of his coke on the carpet.
"Hehe.. asif." He smiled like an idiot.

I continued to push him out of my apartment, and slammed the door shut once he had left.
Wallah enk maynoon ya 7amdan.
Ylas ow 5ayas el dnya ow sar! '3abi!
Bss what did he mean by 4th grader crush. Shuuu I'm not that lame! Sh3arafa hoo ahbal.

A9lan ana laish yals alone in this apartment. Ma3ndi classes, or anything… Yallah I have nothing
to loose. 7amdan '3ayar moody ib his sa5afa.
I threw on a leather jacket, and caught up with 7amdan in the lobby.

"7amdan! Wait! Baser wyakm!" I called down the hall.
"Laa laa! Ana 5ala9 z3aaalt!" 7amdan raised his eyebrows, put his hands on his hips, and
continued walking.

I caught up with him and slapped him on the back of his head. '3abi!

So we walked to the Chinese restaurant together, and had a nice lunch with our friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment