Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Bittersweet 28

That weekend, Maitha finally had the permission to go out with us. Well, go to one of our houses anyway. 79a
picked us up from our school and we headed for her house.

"Mashallah your house is nice." Maitha smiled. Her voice echoed in the big empty house.
We headed upstairs to 79a's room, and as usual, 79a and I like to race up the staircase, skipping a couple of
steps to reach the top, like little kids.
79a and I looked completely ridiculous, tripping over the spiral staircase, and grabbing on to each other's
3abayas preventing one another from reaching the top. Maitha giggled at our childish behavior from the bottom
of the staircase, and refused to take part in the commotion.
I WON! *victory dance*
As soon as 79a and I little staircase race was over, we heard the huge front door slam shut. Mayed had just
come home.
79a and I gasped, and raced into her room. Maitha followed us, as fast as she could, running up the staircase.

"AAH!" We heard a loud screech.
79a and I stuck our heads out of her room and witnessed Maitha tripping on one of the steps, but was caught in
the arms of Mayed!
My jaw dropped in complete shock, as Maitha breathed heavily in Mayed's arms, more frightened than ever.

"I…I'm.." Mayed started.
"Sorry!" They both said at the same time.
Mayed straightened her up, and she scurried up the stairs, her cheeks burning different shades of pink. Mayed
kept his head down, looking away until she made her way into 79a's room and we slammed the door shut.

"OH MY GOSH!!" 79a shrieked.
Maitha's eyes filled with tears, completely worried and scared.

79a broke the awkwardness with a huge laugh.

"His face was like *GASP* and she was like *SIGH*, HAHAHA!" She continued.

I laughed along with her, I mean, that was pretty funny.

"F'6eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee7a!" Maitha covered her face with her hands, peeking her eyes through her
fingers.
"She's TOO cuute!" 79a managed to say between her giggles.
"Your brother 9a7?"
"Yepp!" 79a answered.

Just then 79a's phone vibrated.

"He just texted me!" She announced, opening the message.

Mayo0od: PING!!!
                Who was that? :S

We all burst out laughing.

Hessa: My friend!
Mayo0od: Akeed your friend! What's her name?
Hessa: None of your business!
Mayo0od: X_X
                Mnu wyach?
Hessa: Noora, and "my friend" ;;)
Mayo0od: K Noora's here?!
Hessa: Yepp
Mayo0od: Did she see what happened?
Hessa: Yepp
Mayo0od: X_X

We couldn't stop giggling. You see, Maitha knew I was engaged, but she didn’t know to whom.

"Mashallah he's really handsome." Maitha suddenly blurted out.
79a and I looked at her with blank expressions.
For some reason, we didn’t tell her about my engagement to Mayed. A part of me didn’t want to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment