Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bittersweet 31

NOORA'S POINT OF VIEW:

FINALLY something exciting to look forward to: Our school's annual festival!
Every year our school hosts a festival where we bring in a DJ and a buffet and guests. Its all 79a,
Maitha, and I could talk about the past week. The day of the festival, Maitha and I were getting ready
at 79a's house.

"OMG it's going to be so much fun!!" 79a shrieked, trying on one shirt at a time.
"Yeah!" I beamed. "I'm going to attack the entire buffet table!"
"And the hot guys!" 79a added.
"And the DJ." Maitha said.
"And the hot guys!" 79a repeated.

Maitha was wearing black skinny jeans and a simple purple chiffon top. I just threw on black leggings
and a long tight white shirt. 79a however spend the past 2 hours trying on top after top, and tossing
each one over her shoulder if she didn’t like it.

"Uff yallaaah 79ooo fkeena and choose something!" I whined. She was taking FOREVER and we
were anxious to go.
"Inzain inzain!! What about this top?" She selected a loose highlighter yellow shirt.
"WOAH! Waaaay too bright." Maitha said, covering her eyes with her hands.
"Zain zain, yallah lets go." I said, pulling on my 3abaya.
"Waaaaaaaait" 79a whined loudly. "I have nothing to wear!!!"

I got impatient so I stormed into her closet and pulled out a baby pink button down shirt with a white
collar.
"HERE! Lbsee!" I handed the shirt to her.
"Ohh! I didn’t know I had that!" She grabbed it, and quickly put it on.
"Finally!" Maitha and I said at the same time.

As soon as we were all ready, we raced down 79as stairs when we saw Mayed standing at the door.

"Wain sayreen?" He asked, folding his arms.
"Festival. At Noora's school. Remember?" 79a annoyingly replied, trying to get past him.
"Broo7km?"
"Yeah!"
"Mnu bywadeekm?"
"I'm driving, now move over!"
"La wallah?" Mayed sarcastically said. "All of Dubai is going to be at that festival. Mar'6a tseeroon
broo7km."
"7lf enta bess? I already told mama!"
"I don’t care. That festival is filled with guys and musta7eel tseeroon alone. I'll go with you."

Maitha and I exchanged shocked looks while 79a UFF'ed loudly.
Mayed pulled his car out, and we got in.
In the car 79a texted me:

Hessa: Sorry X_X Things didn’t go as planned.
Nawari: I knw xD Its okay.. we'll survive :P
Hessa: UFF he's SO annoying. Ow ana mt3adla ow mtksh5a 7ag el hot guys -.-
Nawari: LOL hablaa xD 3adi 3adi wtv

When we finally arrived at school, we walked in and 79a gasped

"UFF I REALLY don’t want Mayed to be here right now!" 79a moaned, eyeing the hot guys.
Maitha and I giggled at her ridiculous temptation.
Many people from every single school in Dubai came to our festival.

We first went over to the buffet and started with dessert, of course. We each grabbed a
cupcake which it's icing was twice the size of the actual cupcake.

"Shit!" Maitha muttered under her breath. She had gotten icing all over her jeans, and quickly tried
to wipe it with a napkin but it just made the stain bigger.
"I'll be right back!" Maitha said, rushing to the bathroom.

In the meantime …

"Take me to see Salama!" 79a ordered.
"Ew no why?!" I refused.
"Bss che.. I just want to see her."
"Laa laa I don’t want to see her."
"Nooroo come on bn3al8 3laiha." She nudged me.

I finally gave in and started looking for Salama and her friends around the campus.
We found Salama and her friends standing across from a huge group of guys, giggling.
How laaame.

"Seriously 79oo?" I asked again, just in case she changed her mind.
"Yupp.. Yallah lets go." She said with all confidence. She walked up to Salama.

"Hey!" She randomly said to her.
Salama just started at 79a from top to bottom like : Who the hell is this? Until she noticed
me standing next to her.
"Noora." She smiled a fake smile.
"Hi Salama, this is my friend 79a." I introduced her.

79a was staring at what Salama was wearing under her 3abaya which was bright red leggings and
tight black leather corset. She had on extremely high stilettos and wore bright red lipstick, a pound
of mascara and eyeliner that extended all the way to her ears. Her friends were pretty much
dressed the same except Salama kicked it up a notch by carrying a massive red LV bag and
growing a forest under her shaila.

Salama smiled her fake smile at 79a; "Okay." She said coldly and turned around.
79oo turned to me and gave me a "how rude" look in exchange for my "I told you so" look.
I dragged 79a away from gom Salama.

"Laish che she's so…" 79a began.
"Rude? Selfish? Stuck up? Bitchy?" I threw random adjectives out there.
"HAIH!"
"That's Salama. I warned you."
"I officially hate her! Look at all the guys staring at her!" 79a pointed to the huge group of guys
across from gom Salama.

There were about 20 guys standing not more than a couple of meters away from them, all
wearing white kandooras and each one giving his own unique flirtatious grin at Salama and
her friends, who on the other hand, were giggling like morons and fluttering their eyelashes.

"Ya allah where's Maitha?" I asked looking around. "She's been gone about fifteen minutes now!"

No comments:

Post a Comment