Monday, September 20, 2010

Bittersweet 2

The day I was dreading all summer has arrived. The first day of school. I was awakened 
by our 7ashra Filipino nanny Mary Lou.

"Nawari wake up! Yallah today first day school!" She said as she turned off the ac and 
opened the curtains.
"CLOSE!" I yelled back, covering my face with my sheets.
"Nawarii! Hassa now will come yallah!" She reminded me.

Oh 9aa7 79a was taking me to school on the first day. Allah y3een! On that note, I got 
up and got dressed and ate my breakfast. I was the only one awake since I'm the only
one out of my siblings who still attends high school. I expected it to be very quiet 
downstairs considering everyone was asleep. Surprisingly I heard 7ashra coming from
the meelas. I bet my brother Man9oor and his friends are still sahraneen from yesterday. 
They don't have to start jam3a until mid September. Lucky.

Man9oor attends jam3a in California State University in Long Beach. He'll be traveling 
soon, but we're going to visit him there during Eid Break.
I was sitting waiting for 79a in the 9alah when I heard the meelas door open, and the 
voices were getting louder.
Should I stay mkani or leave?
I decided to sit and pretend I'm watching TV or something.
I glanced to see who was there, and I spotted them.
Man9oor, 7amdan, and .. RASHID.

Man9oor and 7amdan kept walking towards stairs as if they didn’t notice me sitting 
there, but Rashid kept standing mkana. Staring with his big honey colored eyes.

"Rashood!" Man9oor called from the staircase. Rashid looks like he's been snapped 
out of what was probably a daydream, and caught up with my brother and 7amdan.

AWKWARD!

1 comment: